Sunday, April 4, 2010

A month of tulips

I won't kid myself or anyone else. I maybe know enough about flowers to survive the most elementary conversation with a Birds & Blooms photog, but the last time I went to Mt. Vernon, it became quite clear I've got hardly a clue when it comes to ornate flora. Even putting on my best convention-face would not cover my obvious and clearly layman's perspective on botany. There's hope though. All this month (April 1 - April 30) the wandering wonderer seeking out everything tulip can check out Mt. Vernon's 27th Annual Tulip Festival. Even those not interested in flowers should be warned that the incredible amount of science and expertise put into coming up with varieties of tulips is mind-blowing and you may find yourself sold on them. If you're heading to the West-side or are already there, a trip up to Mt. Vernon might be a wise choice.

Photo: Mrs. Flinger

0 comments:

Post a Comment