Saturday, February 13, 2010

Passing the time on a road trip

At only 21, I have taken several road trips in my life. In middle school and high school I was on a premier soccer team, the Spokane Shadow, and would travel nearly every weekend to compete against other teams. Packing for a road trip became habitual, and therefore I became very knowledgeable on the best items needed for the trip.

1. First, I would never leave without music. I didn't have an ipod back then, so I packed my disc-man w
ith plenty of CD’s. Now, I would recommend a soothing play list full of your favorite artists. I personally never go on the road without music by John Mayor, Counting Crows, Jack’s Mannequin, Dave Matthews, Alanis Morissette, Coldplay, King’s of Leon etc.
2. Bring something great to read! Whether it’s the latest book I’m reading or just some fashion magazines, I never leave without reading material. However, if reading makes you carsick then stick with music and conversation.
3. If your road trip is 3 hours or more, bring snacks. I like snacks that are mess free, and don’t need to be refrigerated, so I recommend food like: celery and peanut butter, pretzels, cheez-its, grapes, fruit roll-ups, almonds, pistachios etc.
4. If you like interacting with your passengers, don’t forget games. One of my all time favorite games to play in the car is catch phrase. Bring something that passes the time and is fun!
5. Never forget to bring a pillow and blanket. Many times I fall asleep in the car, and without a pillow and blanket it can be very uncomfortable.
6. The last and final recommendation I have for a road trip is a sightseeing journal. I personally like to document the scenery or unique shops and restaurants that I see. This way I never forget a great experience.

0 comments:

Post a Comment