Monday, April 12, 2010

ArtFest 2010


As a child, I remember looking forward to one specific event every summer: ArtFest! ArtFest is one of the most attended, respected and dynamic art fairs in the Pacific Northwest. This summer will mark the 25th year of ArtFest and this event will be held for three days starting June 4th in Spokane, Wa. Guests can enjoy incredible art objects, crafts, bands, a beer garden, great food and the popular Make-It-Art children’s hands-on art making area. Some of the bands this year include: Becki Sue and her Big Rockin' Daddies and Milonga. Over 125 fine artists and craftspeople will be attending ArtFest and displaying their work. Guests can also attend the Mayoral Proclamation on Friday evening.

ArtFest has grown to be a favorite event of locals and draws many tourists in for the fun art activities and displays. As a child, I looked forward to the Make-It-Art children’s hands-on art making area. I was able to get in front of an easel, and paint anything I liked, among with creating other arts and crafts. One year when I was 6, I acted like a miniature Pollock and dripped several colors together on the canvas. The next year when I was 7, I painted a family portrait and made a pin out of dried macaroni. These memories remind me of how much fun I had, and what a great event ArtFest is. Now that I am older, I do not participate in the Make-It-Art Children’s hands-on art making area, but I do love to look at all the different art displays, enjoy the different bands, and indulge in the wonderful food. ArtFest will be held in the Coeur’d Alene Park in Browne’s Edition, just West of downtown Spokane. For more information, access the ArtFest website

0 comments:

Post a Comment