Sunday, January 31, 2010

Walk, run or ride to Moscow

When my dad was in Pullman last November for dad‘s weekend, he told me a story about the Bill Chipman Palouse Trail that runs between Pullman and Moscow. He said that several years ago when the Vandals played the Cougars, the tradition was that if the “away” team lost, all the students from that school would run home on this trail. Now I’m not completely sure if this story is true, but I was intrigued by this tale and decided to visit the Bill Chipman Palouse Trail myself.

This 8 mile trail not only provides beautiful scenery, but is a great way to get outdoors and enjoy nature in the Palouse. Many people enjoy walking, running, biking and rollerblading on this path. The Bill Chipman Palouse Trail is surrounded by beautiful fields and grasslands, and provides a great way to get some fresh air and exercise.

From Pullman, you can enter the trail at the trailheads near the Quality Inn. I recommend finishing your exercise around sunset because the view is absolutely breathtaking. While I was visiting this trail I was able to witness the sun setting behind the hills. If you are interested in immersing yourself in nature for a little fresh air, I recommend visiting the Bill Chipman Palouse Trail.

0 comments:

Post a Comment